Plan Now For Holiday Entertaining
The pressures of kitchen remodeling can be overwhelming combined with the fact that it is one of the most challenging and expensive renovation projects a homeowner can tackle.
But with good planning and partnering with an experienced designer and craftsmen can take away the worry and fears to come up with a kitchen that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
As with any renovation, planning is important, it is the foundation of any successful project.
Planning starts out with a realistic budget by determining the wants and the needs of the homeowner and the amount of money the homeowner is willing to invest in the home.
Depending on the size of the budget will then determine the overall scope of the project, whether it will be just an update or an overall complete renovation.
Now that the budget is established, the scope of the project is determined. If working with a limited budget, then perhaps the countertops are replaced with new granite or quartz, a new tile backsplash and new plumbing fixtures are included. This can make a worn and tired kitchen look new and more appealing.
If the current layout isn’t working and if the budget allows for a complete renovation, then new cabinetry is specified and a new layout is designed, appliances selected, plumbing fixtures specified and materials and finishes including floors, countertops and backsplash are chosen.
Then when all of the ingredients for your new kitchen are determined, then a schedule is created outlining all of the necessary steps of the renovation, and who will be doing what and when. A typical update can be as short as two weeks and a major renovation can last between eight to twelve weeks. Just be prepared for the inconvenience during this stage as you will be without a functioning kitchen. This gives a great excuse to eat out more often or grill on the patio.
When it is all completed you have improved the functionality of your kitchen and increased the value of your home.
A Range of Service Provided by the Designers of Carriage House Design, Inc.
- Kitchen and Bath Design In-Home Consultation
- Kitchen and Bath Design – Cabinetry layout, material and finish selections, and appliance and plumbing fixture specifications
- Design Coaching for the Do-It-Yourselfer
- Paint or Staging Consultation –Selecting paint colors or a to-do-list for preparing your home for the real-estate market
- Home Pre-Purchase Consultation – Found the perfect house but the kitchen or bathrooms are not so perfect. We will conduct a site visit and determine what a new kitchen and or bathrooms will cost to remodel before you buy that new house.