Families who are searching for a hometown feeling this holiday, where friends and neighbors share the spirit of the season, can find what they’re looking for in the historic Victorian Village of Eureka Springs, Arkansas.
Eureka Springs decks the halls with colorful lights ablaze throughout the historic district. Residents share the warmth of a small-town Christmas with visitors through the many holiday events and activities. The city has block after block of shops, boutiques, fine art galleries, and craft emporiums perfect for those one-of-a-kind gifts for your loved ones.
Many events throughout December will put you in that holiday spirit:
- • On Friday, December 1st, visitors to Eureka Springs can join in with residents as The Christmas Lights Parade starts the festive season for Santa and his elves.
- • Saturday, December 2nd, The Eureka Springs Preservation Society sponsors the 35th Annual Candlelight Tour of Homes. A walking tour of a sampling of Eureka’s most beautifully restored homes giving guests a glimpse of a bygone era. All stops on the self-guided tour will be lavishly decorated for the season with docents attired for the period to relate the history of each home.
- • On December 2nd, experience the enchanting, soaring vocals and flutes of Grammy nominated recording artist John Two-Hawks as he performs favorite songs from all his incredible Christmas albums.
- • Santa visits Basin Park on both December 2nd and 9th. Sit on Santa’s lap for a photo and give him your Christmas List, enjoy performances by MomandPop, and there will be plenty of other crafts and fun for the whole family.
- • Thursday, December 7th, the 51st annual Silver Tea is held at the beautiful Crescent Hotel.
- • Experience the Light at The Great Passion Play. You can see the lights from dark until 8 p.m. every Thursday through Sunday from November 24th to December 31st. The lights are available to see by donation, which helps produce the Passion Play for the 2018 season.
- • The celebratory sounds of four-part harmony by the Ozarks Chorale usher in the holiday at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 9th at the historic Eureka Springs Auditorium. Now in its 20th season, the Ozarks Chorale has come to mean the highest standard of choral music to both its singers and audiences.
- • On December 16th, the whole family can join in the Community Carol in Basin Spring Park with free cookies and apple cider.
For detailed information about the December events and the many shops and galleries, spas, accommodations and much more visit EurekaSprings.org.