Not even the shade provides respite when July brings the heat in Tulsa. But when you can chill with these frozen treats, who cares? With gourmet popsicles, ice cream cakes, make-your-own ice cream sandwiches, shaved ice and rich gelato, these local shops offer some sweet ways to help you keep your cool all summer long.
1. The Pop House, 20 different flavors of gourmet popsicles (Weber’s Root Beer Float creamsicle, anyone?)
3737 S. Peoria (+ two other locations)
2. Antoinette Baking Co., ice cream cakes and other unique frozen treats, including a passionfruit-raspberry-chocolate push-pop and macaron ice cream.
207 N. Main
3. Josh’s Sno Shack, 53 shaved ice mixes on the menu and a huge list of “secret” flavors, too.
10 Tulsa locations, including one under the Golden Driller
4. Sweets and Cream, $1.99 make-your-own ice cream cookie sandwiches with 12 choices of fresh-baked cookies, two choices of brownies and 12 flavors of ice cream.
1114 S Yale Ave, just off Route 66
5. STG Gelateria: gelato made the Italian way in a host of flavors, from Super Dark Chocolate to Limoncello.
1601 E. 15th St., Tulsa & 217 S. Main, Broken Arrow